Thursday, September 28, 2006

Another Day In Paradise

Coming To You Live From The Holiday Inn Lobby


I have to admit that I'm feeling fat, lazy, and useless.

All in all a great vacation success, I'd say.

Sandy, one of my cohorts that works with me on the Prenter.net website e-mailed me and asked "why would you leave St. Simons Island to go on vacation to Panama City?"

The answer is...

THE BEACH

I've been coming here every year for most of the past 47 years, and I swear to God that even on a bad day that the 100 yards of sugar white powder sand between our condo and the Gulf of Mexico beats the heck out of 99% of the other beaches anywhere else in the world--Redneck Riveria versus snobby South Beach Miami aside.

After the cold front blew through Sunday night the Gulf waters laid down flat and the air temperatures dropped down into the low 60's at night and low 80's during the day and frankly, you couldn't ask for a better place to sit around and do nothing all day.

We fed and entertained three of our neighbors last night with a Low Country Boil consisting of Shrimp, New Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, and my soon-to-be-famous Key Lime Pie for desert. Dang it, but I forgot to put in the Cajun Saussage, but no one noticed until the last minute.

Pat and I had leftover shrimp with the saussage for dinner tonight with some Red Beans & Rice.

Since I've adopted a somewhat normal sleep schedule, I guess that it's time to head back next door and crank on FOX News and listen to President Bubba Clinton bitch about ABC's treatment of his lack of a hysterical historical record against fighting terrorism.

Y'all take care...

No comments: