Saturday, January 24, 2009

Government Tax Crap O' The Day

Did You Know This?


After spending a half hour standing in line at the local UPS Store to make copies of my tax paperwork on April 15th last year (I owed additional taxes), I've somehow managed to have a file labeled "VRR Taxes 2007," but contained within is only some supporting paperwork and a copy of some various 1099's.

I guese the balance of the info is misfiled in one of the ten or twelve file drawers sprinkled around the upstairs and basement office cabinets.

Any way, in order to E-file for my 2008 return which will include a sizable refund (silly me), I have to produce the Adjusted Gross Income from last year's return.

No problem, I'll just get the IRS to send me a copy of last year's filing.

Well, as is usual with G O V E R M E N T, even in an age where virtually everything is available on line--most of the time for FREE--but they want me to go to this IRS Web Page and...

PAY THEM FIFTY SEVEN DOLLARS FOR A COPY OF MY RETURN.

Doing a little quick math, that would work out to over $14 PER PAGE.

Add that to this years' requirement that you make less than $56,000 in order to e-file for free, and what you have here folks is yet another example of the G O V E R N M E N T putting the screws to people that elect to make a living and pay their own way in this country.

So now I've paid $29 to file Pat's return with Turbo Tax--an IRS "certified" and "approved" e-file "provider," then shortly after I hit the "e-file button" I learned that the $29 fee only covered one return.

If I had bought the software download or went to Circuit City and picked up a CD ROM copy I could file for the "entire family," but noooooooOOOOOOO...

Now I'm faced with paying the IRS $57 and then ponying up another $29 for another Turbo Tax session to e-file.

All this in order to comply with an archaic, inane, insane system of theft and wealth redistribution run by idiots and ingrates elected by all of the liberal doo-gooders and their following of underachievers in our great country.

Did I mention the two full days it's taken me to put the tax returns together thus far?

How about paying me my billable hourly rate for that time spent Mr. Obama?

SCREW it, I'm not paying that much for a COPY of my own tax eturn so I guess that I'm sending in the package via the plain old US mail and waiting for eternity to get my refund.

dammit... when will the rip off mentality and insanity end?

No comments: