Saturday, December 26, 2009

BurpHeading North Again

Hotlanta Here We Come...


It's with a certain degree of reluctance that we leave Lower Alabama this morning because other than cooking and eating I basically didn't get crap done because another 2" of rain was added to the twenty feet foot or so of water that's come down out of the sky here in the past month.

The parts of the land that aren't standing in water are mostly a spongy, soft muddy bog incapable of supporting ladders or vehicles or even the weight of human feet beyond ten feet off the driveway or sidewalks.

Any way, we're again dividing the trip into two segments with the first ending in north Atlanta at my good friend John the Architect's house (I worked for the man almost 30 years ago) for dinner and a little catching up, then on back to Knoxtown midday Sunday to check on things at the Turbo Pup Compound.

Honestly folks, this professional beach bum is ready to get back to my new Company making some money, although I realize nothing much is really going to happen in the business world until January 2nd.

Still there's things that can be done at home in the international headquarters of PET working on software and hardware for delivery in January and UPS should have loaded up my carport with boxes of goodies to support my latest efforts.

That said, time to do a little Internet research on some stuff, a little packing and cleaning up in the kitchen, and then do my usual morning nap in anticipation of 4 hours of insanity on I-85.

Regards Y'all...

No comments: