Thursday, November 11, 2010

Delinquent Travel Blogging

Live From "South Metro Atlanta"


Sorry about the silence here on the blog this week, but I really just haven't had anything much to say.

That, and until late this afternoon I had crappy Internet access.

The hotel we stayed in in north Atlanta Tuesday night had so many problems including poor Internet service that we canceled our Wednesday night portion of the reservation and came on down to Fayettville to visit with Pat's family earlier than planned having completed our work with the Lawyers a little after noon.

Having seen things from both side of the conference table in a law office a few too many times in my lifetime, it was interesting to see how it felt to spend three and one half hours talking to two lawyers and my Forensics partner and HAVE THE LAWYERS PAY ME FOR THE VISIT.

I figure that that single meeting was worth about $1,000 per hour to the clients, or $3,500 for the time spent having the discussions...not including the half week of preparation time spent getting ready to talk this time.

Then late today I managed to get our host's wireless Internet connection working so now everyone can be on line at once from different areas rather than hovering in the office competing for the single available cable modem connection.

So any way, with that done I'm sort of just lounging around the house while everyone else worked or went to school today and then tomorrow the girls and Missy the Turbo Pup and I are going to wander around south Atlanta and do some shopping and lunch.

Time to go now but after I done some more news reading I might work up a good head of steam on something and possibly come back and do a little ranting later.

Regards Y'all...

No comments: