Thursday, January 06, 2011

Walkin' In A Winter Wonderland

Old Age Yields Bad Attitude Toward Frozen Precipitation...



In spite of the forecast, we picked up somewhere between 3 and 4 inches of snow here in West Knoxtown again yesterday afternoon.

If things keep going as they are this winter will possibly set some new records for snowfall in this part of Eastern Tennessee.

Twenty five years ago I would have ran outside and come back in a hour later soaking wet because it was one of those juicy snows that comes down in "flakes" the size of potato chips. The trees and shrubbery and power lines all had steep stacks of fluffy ice standing on them all evening as a result.

Today, as things have developed, I've only experienced the event by peeking out a couple of windows and opening the door to the back yard deck to check how much things are melting.

I'm arguing with myself about missing the scenery with my camera because it really was a pretty kind of snow, but my back hurts and I have other stuff to do and etc., etc. etc...

so you'll probably just have to use your imagination to see the event here in your mind if you live south or East of here.

No comments: