Friday, September 23, 2011

Random Travel Ramblings...

Insights From Lower Alabama...


So after a sort of lazy semi-rainy day spent nursing a headache and lack of motivation here on the Farm, I find myself this morning less than 12 hours from being able to stand in the sand on Panama City Beach Florida.

It's been a while since I've been to the Gulf coast to stay...about two years after going at least once if not two or three times each and every year for most of my life.

I'm just liable to strip off my clothes and just lay down in wallow like a dog in the sugar white sand.

OK...Maybe not...

But Still...

Everybody including Missy the Turbo Pup is pretty excited about the prospects.

The weather is blowing on through to the east this morning and it looks like we will have at least three or four days of excellent fall Florida weather with little chance of rain in the process.

And the Atlantic and tropical Caribbean has managed to piss Owl Gore and all of the sniveling, tie dyed, booger eating, tree hugging, patchouli stinking, eco-friendly hurricane alarmists off.

The reason being that there has only been one land falling Hurricane/Tropical Storm so far this season in the US (knock on wood) and there is nothing on the satellite right now which could possibly ruffle our feathers and run us off the beach in the foreseeable future

Now back to the Beach discussion after that lovely piece of political commentary...

For the uninitiated, the Gulf waters this time of the year are still at a temperature of a warm bath, and I brought my surf rods and surf fishing tackle and hope to feed the local fish some pieces of Squid and Shrimp and maybe even catch something worth cleaning and eating in the process.

If not, there is plenty of fresh seafood available to cook in our kitchen or we can go out and let someone else cook it. I may even take an offshore fishing trip depending on the opportunities available and if I can get up off a lounge chair long enough to get to the Pier.

All of that said, I guess I will go now and try to get a few hours sleep before packing the Turbo Pup's lockers and sea chests in the car and heading south later this morning.

Regard's Y'all...I'll drink a Frozen Drink with a little Umbrella in it for you if you want me to...let me know...

No comments: