Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Physical Image In Another 25 years???

Hey...I Already Have The Eyebrows...

Today a number of people including myself in parts of the some of the world--mainly the western hemisphere--will be remembering and celebrating the 176th birthday of one of my personal Idols...

That Man would be the famous American writer and humorist...

Samuel Clemens a.k.a. "Mark Twain."


The first fictional novels I read as a child were my copies of "Tom Sawyer" and "Huckleberry Finn" my Mom and Dad gave me before I was ten years old. 

I currently own vintage hard bound copies of each book which are editions published in the 1880's.

Today many people including so called "professional educators" have lost track of the ideas behind these writings and Mr. Clemons' intent when he wrote the texts.  Thus they fuss and fume and call them terms like "narrow minded" and "racisit" and as a result clammor to exclude them from school libraries and discourage parents from including them in their children's reading repartee.

I say that every boy would benefit from reading both books more than once before the age of 12 (as I did and did again in the past year) because they are just both funny and good reading for real non-metrosexual men.

You girls can come along and read them also if you want to I guess.

I have to go now and get ready to begin whitewashing the fence behind my house now...

Regards Y'all...

No comments: