Monday, December 06, 2004

French Ineptitude Spreads to Canada

I’ve started yelling, and the way I feel right now I just might not stop yelling until New Years, if ever. Somebody help me please.

I was searching the Web this morning, looking into “airport (in)security” and I found this Reuters article about the Canadians “misplacing” nearly one thousand airport security screener uniforms and badges in the first nine months of 2004.

“Federal Transport Minister Jean Lapierre ordered a probe by the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority and will receive a report on Monday. Lapierre said Jacques Duchesneau, president of the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority, will make public the results of the investigation.”

They say that like the US, Canada has invested billions of dollars upgrading their airport security since 9/11. I’d say that, based on this revelation, they need to spend a few billion more. Then there is little closing item:

“Some of the lost items were discovered on eBay, an online auction site.”

So let me get this straight in my mind. An aspiring terrorist can now go to E-Bay and buy a Canadian TSA uniform, a badge, and next week possibly some good vintage French plastic explosives?

I think that my head is going to explode…AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

No comments: