Monday, January 10, 2005

Mary Mapes Is History

(What’s The Frequency Kenneth?)

I’m in a hurry, but I still have time to dance like Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof (don’t try to picture me like I really dance because I can’t.)

It seems that CBS News has fired four employees in response to the forged Texas Air National Guard Documents aired on the show 60 Minutes last fall. In addition to Producer Mary Mapes that chased President Bush for Five years beginning before the 2000 election, there were these casualties:

Asked to resign were Senior Vice President Betsy West, who supervised CBS News primetime programs; 60 Minutes Wednesday Executive Producer Josh Howard; and Howard’s deputy, Senior Broadcast Producer Mary Murphy.

And then of course there was our old friend, Dan Rather, who was given the sympathetic "graceful early out" last fall with the announcement of his retirement.

For those of you that wonder…there is a God.

Vengeance is (ours), sayeth the Lord…

Update: Jan 10, 2005 10:45 PM

I wrote this posting this morning (about 11 hours ago) just as the news broke that CBS had released their so-called "independent" investigation. Sorry that my title, using the "60 Minutes" show producer's name Mary Mapes, might have been obscure to some of you that didn't closely follow this story over the past four months. I really was in a hurry and didn't have time to write my usual long winded rant. Actually, I think that I've said all that I need to say on this subject and will just let it pass into history quietly.

The members of the conservative Bloggosphere are all celebrating tonight because we realize that any one of us has the opportunity to truly make a difference in the reporting of world events in the future--without having to go back to school to get a journalism degree.

And by the way, my subtitle--"What's the frequency Kenneth?" is a reference to an early "Dan Ratherism" (also used for the name of a song by the popular Athens, Georgia group R.E.M.) the details of which can be found on the Rather Biased Web Site.

Read it if you will. Goodnight Y'all...


No comments: