Wednesday, June 22, 2005

It's A Roux!

It's 8:15 AM and I've got three eyes lit up on my stove right now. I've been cooking since about 7:00 AM but this is not breakfast food.

One eye has a big cast iron skillet on it in which I've already browned two pieces of Andouie sausage. It's now full of butter, vegetable oil, and flour on it's way to making a nice dark brown roux.

Another eye has a big heavy stainless steel skillet full of the holy trinity--diced onions, celery, and bell peppers (red and yellow.)

The third eye has a big boiler full of water with two chicken breasts cooking away.

Can you guess what's for dinner tonight?

Did I mention the Okra that will be added later?

You're right...ITS GUMBO!

Excuse me while I loosen my belt...and wipe your chin--you're drooling.

No comments: