Wednesday, September 07, 2005

An Uninvited Weekend Guest

Prior to my visit to the hospital earlier this month we had made plans to fly to Pittsburgh this weekend for Pat's family reunion. My fragile health, combined with the approach of Tropical Storm Ophelia, has caused us to have a change of plans.

It looks like she (Ophelia) is going to slowly drag up the Florida coast, hanging 75-100 miles offshore, then pausing offshore here in south Georgia to gain Hurricane strength. The current computer models indicate a chance that an area of high pressure will develope over the southeast and will push the storm back eastward offshore.


Ophelia Posted by Picasa

Following my own advice, I'm heading to the grocery store now to pick up some extra drinking water and a few staples before the wild eyed hoards start ravaging the place. Maybe I'll buy a couple of cart loads of bread and milk just for the heck of it.

Talk to y'all later...

No comments: