Friday, October 21, 2005

Herman Pumpkin

Halloween Pumpkin Contest Entry

I've always admired the complex pumpkins I've seen carved using the 3 dimensional technique of both cutting holes and removing the skin of the pumpkin to produce various lighting levels when lit from inside.

I finally decided to figure out how to do it, based on instructions found on this web site.

I took this photo that I
found on the web:


And this pumpkin I bought
from the store:























I ended up with something that
looked like this in the daylight:



And it looked like this in the
dark with a candle inside:
























Not bad for a beginner, huh?

Stop by over at Leanne's Blog and take a look at all of the entries to her Pumpkin Carving Contest.

If you like my work, I'd appreciate your vote for MY entry.

Meanwhile, I'm going to start work on another pumpkin once I figure out what image I want to do..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Virgil, I just updated with your entry, you're the first! It seems many people are waiting until the last minute to carve this year.

Thanks for your entry!

Anonymous said...

Great carving of John Kerry!:)
I also like this pumpkin. http://www.extremepumpkins.com/terpum.html