Thursday, October 27, 2005

Meyers Withdraws

I’ve kept my mouth shut and my keyboard off of this subject because I wanted to wait for the process to play out in its entirety.

I honestly thought that President Bush could have nominated a more proven conservative with a strict constitutional background like Janice Rogers Brown, but since I wasn’t elected president I was willing to let the Senate advise and consent and the chips fall where they may.

I don’t blame her for pulling her appointment because I think that she knew that she wasn’t the best-qualified candidate and she doubted her ability to weather the Senate confirmation process.

Let’s hope that President Bush’s next appointment is better received by conservatives and the Republican Party. I hope it’s Brown so I watch Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Ted Kennedy’s eyeballs roll back in their heads and steam blow from their ears.

I also think that the Senate leadership should put a large dirty boot on the asses of the Republican members of “the gang of fourteen” that cut the deal against changing the Senate rules to eliminate the use of a committee filibuster to prevent an up or down vote.

All of the Senate Democrats need to be reminded of one thing…

THEY LOST THE ELECTON…ACTUALLY THREE ELECTIONS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your art. on Stupid Hurricane people, I just read the same story you did a few hours earlier and I thought almost exactly the same thing you did. I can't believe there are actually people lined up for gas just two days after the storm. Rita went thru my town in La and here it is 4 weeks later and i'm still using gas I had stockpiled for my generator. Keep up the good articles.