Saturday, November 26, 2005

Distraction

Sorry for the light posting today, but I'm distracted with other obligations. I'm designing and building a set for an interesting variation of the Charles Dickens' play "A Christmas Carol," and my morning has been consumed doing calculations and drawings for some complex panels that are required for my work today.

Here's a photo of the outside of the Ritz Theater, built in 1898.




























And here's a picture of the rough framing for the "treasure chest" set that I'm building.






















It's too difficult to explain the concept without photos showing more construction progress, so I'll save the description until I have more work completed early this week...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I grew up in Brunswick and went to many movies there at the Ritz and also at the Bijou just down the street and on the opposite side. It cost 10 cents at the Bijou but it was 14 cents at the Ritz. This was in the late 40's and early 50's. I remember the first live cowboy I saw was at the Ritz. Johnny Mack Brown. I'm glad you are interested in volunteering and keeping the old theatre alive.