Monday, December 19, 2005

Striking The Set

Sunday was a day of mixed emotions in my theater life. This afternoon's matinee showing of "A Christmas Carol" at Brunswick's Ritz Theater was the final presentation.

Pat and I were invited back to see the show (we also attended opening night) and afterward the cast posed for some still photos of scenes I had not been able to shoot during dress rehearsal.

Here are a couple of shots:













After the photo session, we broke out the electric screwdrivers and an hour and one-half later the set was reduced to plywood panels and 2x4's.





As an engineer and builder, it's hard for me to see the product of over 20 hours of design/drawings and 60 hours of construction wiped away so easily--but that's the way things are in the theater business.

Oh well, at least I have the pictures and in the words of Bob Hope...

The Memories...

No comments: