Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Inspecting The Inspectors

Out Experting The "Experts"


I find that it's always interesting to go through the process of buying real estate.

I choose the word "interesting" today after sitting through nearly a dozen ten closings over the past twenty plus years, but things were quite different back in 1985 when I stumbled through the process in acquiring my first house.

Back then I would have, in retrospect, most likely used words like "damning", "infuriating", "insulting", or possibly the phrase "exciting murder and mayhem" when thinking of dealing with real estate and mortgage banking professionals and the associated sometimes inane processes (is that "processes" or "processi"...octipus...octipi...?)

Not any more.

I think that Pat has been impressed this week at the ease with which I've thus far used their own process to my advantage, while at the same time negotiating the nuances of our efforts using their own inane jargon and terminology.

Needless to say I've got PMI, APR's, escrows, and all the other obligatory stuff running out of my ears this morning as I wander over to watch some guy poke and prod his way around my new investment.

Wish me luck...if you will...

No comments: