Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I've Been Unfaithful

Feeble Mind and Attention Span Problems...


I feel really bad because I've resorted to writing just a few words and sticking up photos and You Tube videos on the blog here for nearly the past week.

It's just that my head is spinning with the stupidity on the news and the UN moronity and the upcoming G-20 insanity...

And then there is all of the work I've done installing new floors and new doors...

and did I mention yesterday installing a new double flap Turbo Puppy door in the back wall of the house--requiring chiseling another 10" wide by 16" high hole through solid brick and 2x4's and fiber board and Sheetrock?

Once I get the trim and crown moulding installed I'll put up a picture for your approval.

Then recently our Sears Kenmore Clothes Dryer decided to cough up a couple of tumbler drum wheel bearings so I had to order a rebuild kit online and it arrived via UPS yesterday, so later this morning I'm pulling the guts out of the dryer and doing a "soft" rebuild including all bearings and a new drive belt for the drum and blower fan.

I've done that work a couple of times in the past twenty five years (in addition to watching my father teach me the process in the 1960's and 1970's) so there's another $200 repair charge averted to my credit.

There's all kinds of professional/business rumblings going on around here at the Turbo Pup Compound on the Banks of Mighty Tennessee River--mainly independent business stuff--but I'd have to kill you if I shared the details

Regardless, I'm quite happy to report that we've made it from the December 19th layoff last year all the way to September 23rd this year with me spinning in circles and somehow, by the grace of God, managing to pay the mortgage and keep the lights on and the trash hauled away.

Please excuse me if I just take time to give thanks for my blessings and remain silent in prayer for relief for our country's and world's ills.

Some Divine intervention and well thought out protection from our so called "leaders" and self appointed "experts" would be a good place to start...

No comments: