Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Hey, Youse Guys...Have You Seen My Bomb??

From France, to Canada, and now to New Jersey.

Well folks, I hate to tell you, but the TSA yokels at Newark’s Liberty International Airport spotted, and then LOST, a fake bomb planted in luggage by their supervisors as a training exercise for screeners. And once again, in a style reminiscent of the French Airport Police, they couldn’t find the fake bomb once it insidiously slipped past them (probably while they were distracted strip searching someone’s wheelchair bound 99 year old grandmother.) As a result, the geniuses let the fake bomb get loaded on an airliner bound for Amsterdam.

What I want to know is, who are these idiots and who let them out from behind the counter at McDonalds? It was just last weekend that I was all riled up and demanding answers from the French and the Canadians as a result of them losing real explosives, security badges and uniforms. But nooooooo, not now…what can we possibly say? As a result of this little “incident,” how can we keep a straight face while challenging either country’s credentials and ability when it comes to airline security?

Tell me again…we put fake explosives in a suitcase at an airport and couldn’t find the bag before it was allowed to fly out of the country? They knew it was there and they couldn’t find it? Forget UPS or Fed-X, I say send your explosives by Delta and they have a better chance of getting there if this is any indication of our abilities.

Boy do I feel secure.

I think that, in order to level the playing field, they just aught to start letting everyone bring a gun and some explosives on board the airplane with them when they travel. They could even hand out prizes like “most original design,” and “most bang for your buck” and so on.

I guess, on a positive note, the good news is that 100% of the bombs on French and American flights in the last week have been of friendly origin.

I already feel safer, don’t you?

No comments: