Saturday, June 18, 2005

Baby Back Pork Ribs

It looks like our Saturday pool day is a bit of a bust this afternoon. Things might improve later, but the weather isn't keeping me from making my weekly contribution to Global Warming by burning massive quantities of charcoal and hickory chips on my Webber Kettle Grill.

Ironically, we have a rule about practically everything you can think of here in our Condo Association, but for some reason they allow gas and charcoal grills on the second floor balconys.

That's a good thing...

Several of my old fart neighbors have commented on my grill sitting by the side door--there might be a new rule in the works as a result of my efforts. Some people just can't stand watching others have a good time with a cocktail in one hand and a pair of tongs (that's TONGS, not thongs--come on, get your minds out of the gutter) in the other.

Just to make you jealous, let me tell you what is on the menu today. We had left over Grilled Stuffed Bell Peppers that I cooked Friday night and I have a rack of Baby Back Pork Ribs that just landed on the grill, with indirect heat, over a pan of water.

The ribs spent 24 hours in a brine, then I gave them good rub down with my home made BBQ rub. They'll cook about three hours at 220 degreees F, then I give them a good basting with my home made Kansas City Style BBQ sauce, then every body look out 'cause there is going to be some serious chowing down going on about 5 pM.

The next sound you hear will be the sound of lips and teeth on pork rib bones...

No comments: