Saturday, June 04, 2005

Lord, I Was Born A Ramblin' Man...

Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can...


I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that I'm going on vacation for ten days. We're traveling by air from Brunswick to Atlanta, then on to the suburbs of Pittsburg this morning.

The bad news, for my blogs and my writing in general, is that I'm going to have to live on a normal 24 hour schedule rather than my "night owl" 12 hour schedule and, spending some of the time in hotels and in relative's homes, I'm afraid that my blogging is going to suffer as a result. God knows what kind of internet connections will be available--all slow probably.

After a couple of days with my girl Pat's family and a visit to Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater house in nearby Bear Run, Pennsylvania, it's on to Erie, PA to visit Pat's daughter in their new home they moved into last week. I think that there is a surround sound stereo with my name on the wiring there.

Next Friday we're traveling down to Charleston, WV to rendevous with my Dad's two brothers and my 92 year old grandmother and attend a "Town Reunion" in a little town where my Dad's family lived from the 1930's until the early 1960's. My grandfather was the electrical superintendent in the Red Parrot Coal mine during that time, and it is fun to meet people that went to school with and knew my father and uncles and learn about coal mining life in the early 1900's.

Continuing the family adventure, we'll be attending the Rogers reunion on Sunday in southeastern Ohio. Again, lots of food and ex-coal miners sitting around talking about the good old days.

We'll be returning here to paradise on Monday, the 13th, at which time I'll collapse into a heap on the floor or sofa--eager to rest and sit around in my underwear with a computer in my lap (sorry about that mental picture--too much information.)

Until then, I ask for your patience and that you check back by once in a while for some intermittant travel blogging.

If I get bored or see something amazing, you'll be the first to know.

No comments: