Thursday, June 30, 2005

Singing In The Rain

Sorry about the late posting this morning, but I’ve been busy entertaining.

Some of Pat’s family drove into town to visit on Wednesday and I’ve been standing out in the yard doing an “anti-rain dance” trying to get some decent weather suitable to use the two sets of golf clubs they brought with them.

We also have three teenaged girls in the visiting party that are sitting around in their bathing suits with long faces due to the cloudy, rainy weather. It must have rained 5” or 6” in the past three days and I’m hoping that it gives us a break for a little while today so the girls can enjoy the pool.

Continuing our technical difficulties in the home electronics department, the girls found out that our DVD player has decided that it is only a CD player…who knew? Since we only rarely do the video rental thing in our house the player hasn’t been used three times in the past year.

We took everyone out to Blackwater Grill for some coastal cooking last evening, then we dragged the adults down to Ziggy’s and I indulged myself with some ego-enhancing singing with my friend Smitty’s karaoke adventure. There is something particularly intimidating about singing in front of family—but I got through it.

Meanwhile, back in my kitchen, I’ve got two 4 pound chickens swimming in a nice brine mixture in the fridge and I plan on grilling Beer Butt Chicken for dinner tonight--with a side of cold slaw and red potato salad.

Speaking of chickens, I hear them clucking in the fridge, I have to go get things under control…

No comments: