Wednesday, August 31, 2005

24K Blogging

Arggggggghhhhh...

I'm happy to announce that my health has improved enough that my mother's darn slow Alaweb dial-up internet connection is starting to annoy me. I'm in at 24K baud right now, and if I'm lucky I can get 36K or even 40K once in a blue moon.

I might actually be awake enough and cranky enough to get a few decent rants put together this afternoon. Gas prices and and idiots like Bobby Kennedy Jr. politicizing the hurricane are rumbling around in my head--let's see what happens.

I ate my first complete meal at lunch today since dinner on August 12th--a turkey and swiss sandwich with a Heath candy bar for desert. Everything has stayed down so far, and my guts aren't tieing themselves in knots and killing me yet like they did when I tried to eat more than a few bites earlier his week.

There's nothing like a good brush with death to take a few pounds off the old girth--I haven't weighed but I bet I'll loose at least 20 pounds through this fiasco.

No comments: