Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I Feel Good....da, da, da, da, da, da, dahhhh

I Knew That I Would Now....


Life's said to be like a rollercoaster, and mine certainly has been recently.

Good day, bad day, OK day, I never know until I get up and eat something (breakfast or lunch) how my insides are going to feel each day. Some days seem to be an improvement, but just when I think that I can stand up and act like I haven't been ill, I seem to have a little setback.

Yesterday was one of those days--I just couldn't quite get up and get moving close to full speed.

I'm trying to get all fired up about cooking again, and I think that a nice batch of Cajun Gumbo may be just the thing to help me along. I've been digging around in the fridge and pantry and I have almost everything I need.

Try this: left over chicken, frozen shrimp, browned andouille sausage, and a nice chocolate brown roux in a pot with onions, colored bell peppers, garlic, and okra.

Did I mention the home made seafood stock?

Call ahead for reservations...

No comments: