Thursday, December 15, 2005

All I Want For Christmas...

Is For Everything To Work...


Now, in addition to computer network problems, I find that Pat's Mustang won't idle.

Am I cursed or a jinx or what?

The engine starts and runs as long as I keep my foot on the gas pedal, but if I take my foot off the pedal--it dies. I'm hoping that it is a sensor problem with the fuel injection system that can be fixed with the appropriate $70 diagnostic fee. I'm stuck trying to decide between the independent mechanics over at "Island Automotive" and limping across the causeway to the Ford dealer.

1 comment:

Richthofen said...

V,

Remove the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve and clean it out with aerosol carb cleaner. The valve is located on top of the intake plenumn. FoMoCo products are notorious for sticking IAC valves when the ambient temp starts to change a bunch.

Email me & I'll walk you through it.