Sunday, December 11, 2005

More Anonymous Comments

Raising Their Dander...

I always respond to stuff like this publicly. An anonymous (they never use their name when they can't write) commenter said:

"why don't you put your patriotism where your mouth is and go enlist?

our military needs the help, and you are just the god-fearing, applepie eating, super patriot they need to help win the war on terror.

btw, osama ain't in iraq.

f**king republicans.

jeesh"


(Another dead giveaway is the failure to use capital letters--it probably took them a half hour to peck this out with two fingers--at least they can spell)

My answer: I did enlist voluntarily in 1977 in the Navy reserve and served active duty time in the Phillipines on a helicopter carrier, before medical problems ended my aspirations to be a fighter pilot so that I could bomb the ass off of our enemies.

I was subject to being called up for active duty until I was 35 years old, and I would have gone without reservation if they had called me.

At the age of 46, and suffering from a number of medical problems that have taken away my private pilots license among other things I used to do, the military would not take me if I asked them.

I do like apple pie (I bake my own), I do fear God, but you're wrong--I'm just a regular patriot--not a "Super Patriot."

Regarding my political affiliation--I'm a Libertarian that chooses to vote Republican, and I've never once stated that I believe that Osama is in Iraq.

Anything else you want to know?

1 comment:

Richthofen said...

Most people misinterpret what the First Ammendment actually says. Libtards actually think the 1st protects, nay, guarantees their Right to say any damned thing they please. This is pattently untrue. The 1st protects Free Speech. It does not protect riotous speech.

With that fact in mind, I'd like to flex a little 1st Ammendment muscle.

Like you V, I have voluntarilly been employed by (and given Servitude to) the Armed Forces of my country, first with the USN and later with the USAF. Like you, I love apple pie, fear God and am somewhat conservatively libertarian in my political outlook. Like you I am not a super patriot, or a patriot after anyone's or any political party's fashion. I have fought for my country, and I have shed blood for her-both my own and that of others.

Back in the day, I had some minor trouble executing the decisions made for me by old men in comfortable rooms. Many of us did. Even if I didn't trust any given individual superior, I had full & complete trust in my country's purpose, that being to stand for the preservation and spread of Freedom. Also back in the day, I had to distinguish between my country's enemies; those without and those within. I had to completely leave the latter alone while going after the former with gusto, killing them if necessary (hey, it was part of my fuckin' JOB description).

"Back-in-the-day" is gone. Today is here & now. I don't have to play by the same constraining rules anymore. Your erstwhile commenter and full-time libtarded enemy-within would do well to remember that.

No, Virgil. I'm not threatening to kill anyone. Not just yet, anyways. My point is that your commenter should be careful who he exercizes is 1st Ammendment rights to. Poeple like me are not above "physically educating" him a bit.

Don't fuck with Richthofen.