Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Torture Continues

Why can't I just enjoy the holidays like everybody else does?

We got to go to the Blackwater party last night and had a GREAT time with a "who's who" list of locals--good food, lots of drinks, and we already knew dozens of people and met dozens more.

My friend Kim, the singer, was doing a few numbers with the band hired to play out on the deck and she invited me and my C harp up on stage to do "Stormy Monday" and a couple of other blues songs for the appreciative crowd. The harmonica wins friends faster than any instrument I've ever played.

When I got home, MY computer still refused to connect to the internet through the wireless network. Then this morning Pat's computer crapped out, but it turned out to be a problem with Adelphia. I'm so paranoid I can barely touch a keyboard or a mouse without worrying about it blowing up in my face.

Anyway--I still have a one computer network right now and I have no idea what to do to remedy the problem but reinstall the whole system tonight after hours...

If you never hear from me again--you'll know what happened...

No comments: