Saturday, February 11, 2006

And The Winner Was...

Little 'ole ME

The internet, without the mat, and at a 5x4 size doesn't do my work justice, but here is the basic image (click on the pic to enlarge):






The gentleman in the middle of the photo with his hand over his heart is my great, great grandfather Webb--circa 1890-1900. The little boy over his right shoulder is my great grandfather--father of my lovely grandmother Bessy Rogers that celebrated her 93rd birthday last Christmas.

The gentlemman playing the Creek Indian is in fact a real Indian that I photographed along with the two British soldier "re-enactors" that attended an event at Ft. King George in Darien, Georgia last fall after I had entered the competition.

All of the translucent black and white images of the people are superimposed via computer software over a color background photo of an open gravesite at Ft. Frederica, located just down the road from our home here on St. Simons Island.

Several people commented that, viewed from distances over ten feet, the image truely has a "ghostly" appearance.

That was my intention all along.

Imagine that???

No comments: