Sunday, February 05, 2006

It's Pittsburgh

And I called it...

We watched the Superbowl with some of Pat's family in Orlando, Florida this evening.

Everyone but me in attendance had spent most of their life living outside Pittsburgh, cheering for the Steelers.

My personal interest was the Georgia Tech connection through Offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt who played defense and filled in as back-up quarterback in GT's 1980 3-3 tie with #1 Notre Dame. My friends Rusty and Grant and I will never forget that day, because Tech ended the season 1-9-1 in coach Bill Curry's first season as head coach.

I love great football, and it is so rarely played at a professional level--college ball almost always exceeding that of the so-called professional game every day, every minute.

Super Bowl Forty was a Great Game!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure didn't watch the same game I did. It will be a long time before the officiating cloud gets blown away from this one. I've never seen a game called so badly. I'm a Colts fan, so didn't care who won, but Seahawks sure got the shaft.