Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Deal...

Or No Deal

A little before 8 PM last night Pat and I wandered over to the Ritz Theater to watch the latest episode of the NBC TV show "Deal or No Deal."




They had set up a giant projection TV on stage and a crowd of fifty or so people gathered to watch my buddy, Brunswick Mayor Bryan Thompson, win $202,000 in cold hard cash.


The show is a bit lame in my opinion because it's just a matter of pure luck how much money each contestant wins, but our good Mayor managed to kill an entire hour with his smooth people skills that got him elected in the first place.


Being the civic minded guy that he is, Bryan and his lovely wife Heather will be donating most of the after tax proceeds to various charitable causes here in Glynn County.

I, personally, will be stopping by with my hand out, looking for a little cash for my tree sculpture project.

And once I make it onto the show Jeopardy I'll demand that they set up a big TV at the Ritz so everyone can watch me crash and burn in front of a national TV audience.

My Mom and Pat will be so proud...

No comments: