Sunday, January 29, 2006

They Can’t Be Serious

Stupid Is As Stupid Does…


As I’ve said many times before here on the blog, I don’t have any kids. Never have, never will.

I am, however, in my second childhood, and I’ve probably learned more in the past ten years than I did in the first thirty-six because my “education” taught me more about how to learn than it instilled in me a bunch of “facts and figures.”

That’s what is wrong with our education system today. Rather than teaching kids how to learn and where to look for information, the teachers and school systems are judged by their ability to teach our young citizens an ever shrinking database of information intended to allow them to pass a few tests on their way to a lifetime of mediocrity.

Then many of the products of our glorious public education system…you know…GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS…proceed to spend their days wallowing in ignorance and stupidity while voting themselves into positions on the public dole—positions including paid leave, retirement, medical benefits, and even higher wages while they actually are never putting in an honest days effort with any skills that their employers can use.

I guess that the Devil is in the details…

In the fall of 2004 I wrote about govenment teachers outlawing the use of RED INK in grading papers in the classroom—because the red ink affected the poor little school-children’s “self esteem.”

Instead they started using purple ink.

I think that I feel better already.

Now the Brit’s have had another epiphany…if the smart kids would just stop raising their hands in order to answer questions in class…all of those poor little red ink stained school children’s self esteem will be FURTHER ENHANCED.

I’m so happy for them all...

LONDON -- Pupils in an East London school have been banned from raising their hands to answer questions in class because their teachers fear it leads to feelings of victimization.

“No hands up" notices have been posted in every room at the Jo Richardson comprehensive school in Dagenham, as a reminder that the teachers will decide who should answer. The principal, Andrew Buck, said it is always the same children who wave their arms in the air, while the rest of the class sits back. When teachers try to involve less-adventurous pupils by choosing them instead, that leads to feelings of victimization.

Mr. Buck believes that it can also cause panic in children who are picked but do not know the answer while others around them are straining to give it. To spare the embarrassment of those who do not know the answer, the school uses a "phone a friend" system, allowing one child to nominate another to take the question instead.

God help us...

No comments: