Friday, September 16, 2005

A Premature Prediction

I lived through two days of the Senate Judicial Committee hearings for John Roberts, but today I chose not to torture myself with the live action "blow by blow."

I saw a few pieces of today's questioning and watched some of the re-runs tonight, and at this point I'd say that Roberts is a shoe-in to be confirmed.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Roberts will be quickly voted out of committee and will win Senate approval by a landslide, with some of the singular exceptions being Ted "Jabba the Hut" Kennedy and possibly his junior Massachusetts political emulator, John sKerry.

I think that NY Senator sHrillary Clinton will vote to approve the nomination, along with most of the other spineless Democrats in an effort to "keep their powder dry” for the next round of hearings on president Bush's nomination for the replacement to Sandra Day O'Connor's spot.

Regardless of the actual vote, I also expect to see massive negative media coverage of how one political party is running the country and how the president continues to favor appointing “activist judges.”

A well placed sound-bite is worth hundreds of hours of detailed coverage when all the people that get their news from the newspaper headlines and 60 minutes finally tune in to find out what happened.

Janice Rogers Brown, please step into the committee room…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pine for Brown on the COurt.