Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Water, Water, Everywhere

And Not A Drop To Drink...

The lovely Bloggess over at Capital Freedom pointed out this this cool map of New Orleans that allows you to click on a spot in the city and see the past and present water depths.

Check it out, if you will, and notice that the French Quarter is still high and dry.

On a personal note, I heard on FOX News tonight that the owner of the Old 'Nawlins Cookery had died and his body was still in the restaurant on Conti Street awaiting removal by "authorities." I regret that I do not recall the gentleman's name, although I distinctly remember his jolly demeanor and the quality of his food.

I first discovered Old 'Nawlins Cookery when I was visiting the city on business back in 1987 and always made a point of having an Oyster Po Boy and some gumbo every time I returned, the last time being a trip to Mardi Gras in 1997--probably my last such adventure.

The Big Easy can rebuild and repaint, but you can't replace great cooks like this fellow.

My stomach and taste buds are in mourning.

No comments: