Saturday, October 15, 2005

Today Is Cancelled Due To A Lack Of Interest

Like most people out there that haven’t attempted to write for a living, I once thought that writing couldn’t be considered to entail doing actual work every day.

Turn’s out that I was wrong.

Don’t misunderstand me here--some days writing is easy because everything you see and hear produces thousands of words in your head. Passages full of feeling (and hopefully meaning for others) erupt and production on the blogs and my books take care of themselves. All I have to do is sit down in front of the computer and “let my fingers do the walking,” to quote the old telephone company Yellow Pages Ads.

Other days writing is work. I’m afraid that it shows in both the quantity and quality of my production.

Today is one of those days, unfortunately.

I guess that it would be easier this morning to list the things that I don’t care about writing more than a few words about. Here they are:

The new James Bond In my mind there will never be an adequate replacement for Roger Moore and Sean Connery.

Avian Flu cock a doodle doo

Then there is a new “Dog Flu”Poochie can worry too…

The warmest September in recored history. More Global Warming hysteria?

The mainstream media can stage photo opportunities but President Bush can’t.

Lewis Farrakhan and his Nation of Islam- As I understand it, it’s already tough enough to be a black American, but these people insist on adding to their troubles a foreign, terrorist supporting religion and rally behind a demagogue nutcase leader that thinks that he has been taken on board of a UFO and given an insight into future US attacks on worldwide Muslims. Did I mention him thinking that “authorities” blew up the levies in New Orleans?

Thomas Sowell This black man is a $%*&#@ genius, thank God he exists. He single handedly offsets the insanity of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Lewis Farrakhan. I read him every single week.

OK, I've decided that I’m going to take the rest of today off, make a nice brunch, spend the afternoon at the pool enjoying the low humidity and moderate temperatures, and toss together a big batch of pizza dough in order to make home made pizza for dinner. Mushrooms, black olives, artichoke hearts, pepperoni, possibly some fresh baby spinach. Dinner will be about 6:00 PM, if you want to stop by...

Also, look for some photos of sunrise and sunsets from the island this weekend, along with some pictures of the big old full moon that will be rising around 8:00 PM Monday night.

Y’all take care…

(And a hearty thanks for today’s post title goes to my fellow blogger James Hooker)

No comments: