Friday, January 13, 2006

What Are They Actually Selling?

Where was this stuff when I really needed it...


As I've said before, one of my favorite southern comics is Jeff Foxworthy.

A little known fact is that Mr. Foxworthy is also one of my fellow Georgia Tech Alumni, his attendance at our beloved North Avenue Trade School having overlapped with my own personal saga living in downtown Atlanta.


One of Jeff's monologues mentions his excitement at getting Victoria's Secret catalogs in the mail these days--unsolicited.

I understand his position on this matter.

These catalogues show things that most men (and some women) just can't help themselves from staring at when presented in this manner. I copied the above photo from an e-mail delivered to my free Yahoo spam folder, and I decided to comment here to get this issue out of my system for good--hopefully.

Here are some of his words, delivered this morning working strictly from memory, and quoting him as best I can (because I seriously identify with Jeff's take on life):

"You get pictures of grown women, standing around in their underwear, delivered to your door...FOR FREE!"

"where was this stuff when I really NEEDED it?"

"All we had when I was a kid was the Sears and Roebook Catalog...filled with them pictures of those giant 'lunchroom lady' bras...you know something with 57 cast iron hooks."

"If one of those things snaps, someone is losing an eye..."

"As far as I can see...looking at a Victoria's Secret Catalog--Victoria HAS no secrets left..."

I offer my hearty "AMEN"...Mr. Foxworthy

No comments: