Thursday, January 12, 2006

You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up

OK People...

Here I was, ready to turn on talk radio and doze away on my morning nap, when I found this story on Florida's Local6 news website and I just had to offer a comment.

Read this and then tell me what you think...

An 11-year-old boy had a lingering headache two days after a pickup truck ran over his head. "All I remember about it was that when the truck ran over my head, I could hear my bones crack," Cameron Schuette said Tuesday.

Cameron, a 5th-grader and his 13-year-old brother Tyler were helping their grandfather chop and load wood on Sunday. The boys were sitting on the tailgate of their grandfather's truck when he began backing down his gravel driveway and Cameron either fell or jumped off.

Ron Shurley said he at first thought he ran over a piece of wood until he got out of the truck and saw Cameron lying face down in the gravel. Then he stood up and ran into the house, Shurley said.

"He didn't look too worse for wear," Shurley said. "He was just saying he had a headache."

After spotting blood running out of the boy's ear, Shurley drove him to the hospital. Cameron was then transferred to another hospital, where tests revealed he had a slight hairline skull fracture. He also had roadrash on his neck and face, a black eye and a laceration on his ear canal.

He was released from the hospital Tuesday, suffering a stiff neck and a headache.

His mother, Shannon England, said the accident showed the dangers of letting children ride on tailgates. She said it was a "miracle" that Cameron had not been injured worse.
.


As my Blog buddy Steve H. over at Hog on ice has said, forget Matt Drudge's famous big money Drudge Report, all you have to do is hang around at the Local 6 website to get enough craziness to last you a lifetime.

Finally, the story had this to say:

"Maybe he has an exceptionally hard head," Shurley said.

My Mother and my girl Pat can certainly identify with that concept...

(because they they know someone with an even HARDER head...)

No comments: