Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Give Me And My Eyes A Break

Pluuueseee…

If I haven’t said it often enough before or you are a new reader to my blog, I have to tell you that in the course of a day I read and hear A LOT of news.

I guess I’m what some people call a NEWS JUNKY.

My girl Pat comes into the room in mid-morning most weekdays and finds me looking at FOX news on TV, reading the Internet on my computer, writing my cooking and political blogs, working on my book(s), and listening to talk radio—all at the same time.

She just shakes her head and leaves the room to go watch “ER” and “Judging Amy” on TV in between bouts of answering her business E-mails and handling HIPAA issues.

Sometimes I have a hard time keeping my blog writing from becoming too serious and technical although I do like working up a nice batch of in-depth research and writing a nice dissertation every now and then just to prove that my mind is still functioning.

I can’t say that is true tonight, however.

I was looking around and found this little ditty titled ”Community Proposes Banning Sex Offenders from Beaches.

DAYTONA BEACH SHORES, Fla. -- A community in Central Florida is proposing a law that would ban sex offenders from the beach, according to Local 6 News.

Daytona Beach Shores Mayor Greg Northrup's proposed ordinance would ban sex offenders from buying or renting property within 2,500 feet of the coastline. It would essentially ban sex offenders from living any where on the beach side of the community.

Northrup said the move is necessary following a series of sexual assaults and murders in Central Florida.


Northrup said pedophiles are coming to the beach for sex, Local 6 News reporter Tarik Minor said.


On a serious note, I don’t believe that Jessica Lundsford or any other kid attacked in central Florida in the past months, if not years, was taken in a bathing suit from a beach location, by someone that lived on or near the beach.

Is it just me, or does this seem to be just another case of political hyperbole?

On a humorous note, I would hope that Florida would focus their well intended efforts on banning the sales of bikini and thong bathing suits to women weighing over 300 pounds and eliminating the sales of Speedo’s and tank tops to grossly overweight guys that refuse to wax their backs (if I keep cooking, I might be considered to be in this category soon.)

Talk about offending on a SEXUAL basis…after seeing some of the sights I’ve seen wandering around down here on the beach and at our pool, I might be permanently injured and never be able to have sex again.

My eyeballs are seared with horrible images…..AAAAHHHHHHHH

No comments: