Monday, July 18, 2005

What Do We Need To Do?

To get some people a clue…

I was just sitting here vegetating, looking at the internet with one eyeball and peeking over the laptop screen at FOX News with the other eye, happy that Hurricane Emily is going to spare much if not all of the US this week.

FOX’s “sacrificial lamb” hurricane reporter on the scene in Cancun Mexico was being interviewed by Geraldo Rivera. I can’t stand Geraldo, but FOX continues to expand his role in their on-air programming so I just cringe my way through it, all the time wishing that someone would wax his eyebrows and trim his moustache and nose hair.

Then they ran some videotaped interviews with tourists that were stranded there in Cancun at the hotel and were being forced to face the storm.

There was actually some man on their tape that said something to the effect that “duuuuhhh, I just flew in here yesterday and...I guess that I should have watched the news because I didn’t know that there was a Hurricane coming…”

I have a question…

HOW THE HECK CAN ANYONE FLY TO THE CARRIBEAN IN JULY AND NOT WATCH THE NEWS OR THE WEATHER CHANNEL OR SOMETHING IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THE WEATHER CONDITIONS PRIOR TO LEAVING HOME?

Having asked that, another question comes to mind…

WE LET IDIOTS LIKE THIS VOTE IN OUR ELECTIONS?

No comments: