Thursday, July 14, 2005

Getting Serious

It's really weird how my interests and inspiration swings from extreme to extreme when it comes to my blogging.

For instance, I spent most of the mid-day yesterday watching NASA TV anticipating the shuttle launch. At the same time I was also doing some major Web research to support the development of a serious, in depth posting on the Rove/CIA/Plame/Wilson non-scandal scandal story.

Stay tuned for that posting later.

As a matter of explaination for those of you out there that don't write a couple thousand words a day like I usually try to do, please realize that if the words aren't there in your head, they probably won't be there on paper or the computer keyboard--at least not in a meaningful, readable fashion.

Yesterday was one of those days...I just didn't find a bunch of stuff worth talking or blogging about.

I did get a chance last night to go out to Ziggy's and explore the other half of my creative mind--I did Karaoke with my friend Smitty. There was a good crowd and my rendition of Billy Joel's "Piano Man" went over rather well, if I do say so myself. I played my "C" Suzuki Tremolo Harmonica and I can play circles around Billy Joel's harp work, but I wish I had taken piano lessons rather than Guitar lessons when I was 10 years old.

Playing piano when you are a male child is considered sissy, but that was before we found out that Billy Joel could grow up to marry Kristy Brinkley and Harry Connick, Jr. would play Carnege Hall.

Who Knew?

UPDATE: 3:20 AM 7/15/05 I forgot to mention Bruce Hornsby and Elton John in my listing of piano players I admire...

No comments: