Monday, July 11, 2005

July 11th Public Service Announcement

Today’s date represents the anniversary of several important milestones in my life and for that reason I can’t let it pass by without commenting.

On this day in 1981 I was standing at the altar as a groomsman for a great friend, Andy, who was marring a wonderful woman, Laura, to which he is still married to today. How she has put up with him for all these years, I’ll never know…(just kidding.)

Happy Anniversary guys, I hope to make it up your way to see you again soon.

Also, on this day in 1985 I found myself sitting at a Lawyer’s conference table in Smyrna, Georgia signing the loan papers to purchase my first house. I was only 25 years old then, and little did I know at that time how much responsibility home ownership would be. Twenty years and two houses later and I’m back to renting my own abode from a landlord, and acting as a slumlord by renting my properties to other people.

And finally, my friends Andy and Laura had three children together in their ensuing 24 years of marriage and if my memory doesn’t fail me, I believe that their middle child, Hunter, was born on July 11th —so I’d like to say happy birthday to Hunter.


…We now return you to the regularly scheduled broadcast already in progress…

No comments: