Monday, July 11, 2005

If I’m Gonna Be A “Tool”

I want to be a “POWER TOOL,” and I want a reputable brand name stamped on my handle…

“WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Political groups preparing to battle over the first U.S. Supreme Court nomination in 11 years have a powerful new tool -- Internet blogs -- to spread information quickly and influence decision makers without relying on traditional media.

Web logs likely numbering in the dozens provide a way for the thoughtful and the passionate to publish their views. Politicians are taking notice as they prepare for the first high court nomination fight since the Internet became common in American households.”

Would the idea of “(blogs) likely numbering in the dozens” be a fair assessment of the current blogging situation?

This same Reuters article, in typical inaccurate MSM fashion, goes on to say:

“A recent study by the Pew Internet and American Life Project said that 7 percent of the 120 million U.S. adults who use the Internet have created a blog or web-based diary.”

Gee whiz, let’s see here…cracking out my fifth grade math book…

7% of 120,000,000 equals...

.07 x 120,000,000 equals…………..uhhhhhhh……. 8.4 million?

Eight million, four hundred thousand blogs?

I thought that they said “likely numbering in the dozens”—talk about the gift of understatement.

As a Blogger, I do like being referred to as “A TOOL” rather than “a fool.”

Here’s a picture of the tool I’d like to be so I could help the recent hurricane victims:


My altered ego Posted by Picasa

I'd be a STIHL MS 880 Magnum Chain Saw...trees everywhere are shaking in their roots...

No comments: