Thursday, January 05, 2006

A Darn Good Cause

I wish I Owned A Sewing Machine...

My blog Idols over at Power Line today pointed out the Sew much comfort website that coordinates the production of "adaptive clothing" that will fit over and around various casts and braces that soldiers wounded in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other fields of combat need once they return home.

Imagine spending weeks if not months in a hospital gown with your butt hanging out for everyone to see?

Imagine having your family and friends attend the ceremony where you receive your Metal of Honor or your Purple Heart sitting in a hospital gown?

We can't have that now, can we?

If you can sew or you know someone that can sew, how about pointing this site out and getting them to help out?

If I owned a sewing machine, I would be loading a bobbin right now...

No comments: