Monday, February 13, 2006

Digital Blasphemy?

Lazy Gratuitous Monday Linkage


It’s cold as heck outside, and for some reason I just don’t really feel like writing a damn thing this morning.

Besides, if I do write, all of you weekday readers that waste time at work clicking on my blog will just miss the two excellent rants I wrote early Sunday morning. Go take a look if you have time.

Annnnndddddd...

On second thought, in order to not have a day go by without publishing something new let me point out the goings on over at “The Official Jesus Dance Page”. There they have the lyrics to the song “Plastic Jesus” that Paul Newman sang in the movie Cool Hand Luke.

Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.

{Refrain}
Plastic Jesus, plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
As long as I've got my Plastic Jesus
Glued to the dashboard of my car,
You can buy Him phosphorescent
Glows in the dark, He's Pink and Pleasant,
Take Him with you when you're traveling far…

What a truely great movie, including guys like Strother “what we have here is a FAILURE to communicate” Martin, George Kennedy, Wayne Rogers, J.D. Cannon, and Dennis Hopper.

See, if you were all Muslims and I was posting lyrics to a song about Muhammed you could run out with some gasoline and matches and set the nearest convienance store on fire or possibly overturn your neighbor’s or co-worker’s cars and behead an innocent bystander or something.

If that isn’t enough to make you start your own personal Jihad, perhaps you’d like to wander over and take a look at the Dancing Mohammed web page.

Lightning is certain to strike me if the Muslims don’t beat my front door down first for pointing this site out.

I’ve got to go flush my Koran now…

No comments: