Sunday, February 12, 2006

Tell Me Again Why We Keep Tolerating This Crap?

Parental Obligations


As I’ve said a zillion times before—I haven’t elected to reproduce—never have, never will.

Further, my only sibling—my sister—waited until she was past forty to have the one and only bouncing baby grandson in our family.

There is no basic genetic or physical reason why the massive intellect and superior spirit of our branch of the Rogers family tree has come to a virtual roaring stop with our generation—we just chose education and careers over diapers and formula. Beyond that, I think that the ridiculous political and world situation has served as my own personal deterrent to procreation.

I never will forget a conversation I had with one of the female sales weasels at a engineering consulting firm I worked for back about 1990. In the discussion of why I chose my work and career over having a family, the older woman struck me dead in my tracks with a comment to the effect of “by default you and your wife are leaving the human race and your country’s future to other, sometimes inferior, citizens.”

How do you answer a comment like that?

That said, look at this news story about a woman delivering her premature baby in a toilet, and then LEAVING IT THERE UNTIL IT WAS RETRIEVED BY PARAMEDICS.

Littleton, Colorado--A premature baby survived after being delivered in a toilet, police said.

"I just had a baby," Salina Newman told the operator when she dialed emergency services Tuesday, according to transcripts released to the media on Thursday. "I was only six months pregnant and I went to the restroom and the baby is in the toilet."

Littleton police officer Bob Carmody said when he arrived at the apartment, Newman told him the baby had been miscarried.

"I looked in the toilet bowl and I could see movement, and the baby was enclosed in the sac and everything," Carmody told Denver television stations. He pulled the baby out of the toilet with rubber gloves.

"I could see the hair, the hands up by the face, and parts of the legs and stuff, but I didn't take a lot of time to look at it. I just made sure and covered up the blanket."

Another officer ran down three flights of stairs to paramedics who had just arrived.
The baby girl, named Nevaeh (heaven spelled backwards), weighed 1.5 pounds and was taken to Littleton Adventist Hosptial, where she's expected to remain until she reaches 6 pounds, police said.

Hospital spokeswoman Allison Hefner declined to release information when contacted by The Associated Press Thursday, citing federal privacy rules.



What kind of woman wouldn't reach into the toilet and pull the baby out of the water herself?

Did she just cut the cord and go back to watching Oprah?

My Mother would have dove in and tried to swim down to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean (she can't actually swim) to retrieve my stupid undeserving carcass today if she saw me there.

Do we raise people like this here in the US or are we allowing them to immigrate here from other planets?

Not having any kids of my own doesn't mean that I don't care about children, and I say that Mother Salina should be spending a few days in Jail with her head stuck in a toilet bowl as a minimum, and that DFACS should be seriously considering taking this baby away from the so called "mother" (read that walking ovaries and uterus or simply "the egg donor") and placing it with a real set of parents.

But I know that it won't happen, because stray and abused cats and dogs are better taken care of by the Humane society in most states than are the poor abused and needy children by DFACS (The Department of Family and Children's Services.)

In retrospect, I think that I could have been a pretty good father if I had decided to take that route in life, because I had a world class father of my own as an example. As a result I probably could have avoided most of the disasters I managed to wander into if I had needed to be responsible for raising kids rather than running around raising Hell in my younger days.

Kids gravitate to me like the Pied Piper because I ignore them and let them come to me in their own time, then I treat them like people rather than idiots or animals. Seriously, I can walk into a house or swimming pool full of little people and within an hour I look like a jungle gym, and I'm in serious risk of being injured by the little critters as they climb around on my head and stand to leap off of my shoulders in a Virgil induced hysterical spastic frenzy.

Just for fun I like to inherit a group of munchkins (parents will let you play babysitter at the drop of the hat if they can get ten minutes of peace) and then I say things like "OK guys...lets take this butcher knife, sharpen ourselves some nice pointy sticks, then run outside and play in the street in traffic" just loud enough to see if the parents are actually paying attention.

Then there are fun games like "hold your breath" with prizes for the best shade of blue and "bathroom cleaner chemistry class" and...for the older kids there's "Explosives 101"...you get my drift, I'm more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

By selectively deciding when to play my games, I can lose my foster family as fast as I inherited them if I need to and it's time for some peace and quite of my own.

Any Way...my heart goes out to any child that begins life outside the womb in a toilet bowl, because chances are that with a mother like that that their life is going to continue to contain more shit stains that anyone should be expected to endure.

Let's all say a little prayer...

No comments: