Monday, March 27, 2006

If I Were Standing In the Legal Line

I'd Want My Money Back...


Does anyone but me find it sort of weird that we're having to have a DEBATE about the topic of ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION?

I mean, what is there to not understand about this issue?

Either you're born in Alabama with your banjo on your knee...and you're an American citizen...

Else…You're born in Ethiopia or Mexico City or Rio and you’re not an American citizen—at least you’re not without jumping through some legal hurdles.

(Notice that I didn’t say jumping across a fence or the Rio Grande)

If you meet the second criteria, you shouldn't be too surprised to find out that you’re a resident of an impoverished African country or that of Mexico or Brazil--at least until you get a passport and Visa and/or apply for immigration privileges and future US citizenship.

It all seems simple enough to me.

Both sides of my family did it (immigrated) a couple hundred years ago when things were a bit simpler, but they paid the price and I'm proud to be here today in spite of the sorry state of the mentality and morals of much of our population.

Most of us (my family) have also followed the laws and paid our own freight to maintain our existence since then. Some of us have even become wealthy along the path of following the American dream.

So what the hell is going on when a half MILLION Mexicans take to the streets downtown in an AMERICAN city to protest the proposed change in US law making entering our country illegally a felony

Again I ask, what is there to not understand?

Break the law, pay the price...

What I want to know is—why didn't the police and armed forces just walk in, fly a few helicopters overhead, and arrest everyone in sight that couldn't produce proof of citizenship?

OH…Nooooooooo…..can’t have that…German Gestapo tactics….ooohhhhh aaaaahhhh

Of course, as is usual with the liberal media when covering these type events, the estimates of attendance varied widely. I've heard 500,000 in the LA streets from the AP reports, and at the same time I heard that the number was closer to 100,000. I’ve found that the AP tends to overstate attendance when it fits their agenda, while at the same time understating the numbers when it advances a cause they don't agree with (the number of red state voters comes to mind in this instance.)

Any way…

Rumor has it that there are somewhere near 11,000,000 illegal immigrants here in the United-by-God-States of America today.

I suspect that that number to be a bit low.

How the hell can anyone in the government keep a straight face while talking about that number of infiltrators?

11 illegals is a non-issue.

110 is worth having a meeting every now and then.

1,100 is a real issue.

11,000 is a serious situation.

110,000 is more than a bit of a problem.

1,100,000 means someone in the government needs firing.

11,000,000 is in fact a...well...it's a NATIONAL DISGRACE.

I don't give a tinkers damn what Julio and Migael and Virgillio and Pablo say about their rights and intentions, ELEVEN MILLION people that don't belong here is ELEVEN MILLION too many.

Let me tell you, I've spent my fair share of time working with and around Mexican “immigrants” and I say that they all basically fall into three categories.

The first category is rather obvious...what I call the “poster boy/girl” immigrant. They’re industrious, honest, sincere people that are looking for a better life and fully intend to integrate themselves into most of the American lifestyle. Of course I can't blame them if they avoid a big piece of our culture like Hollywood and some of the other pop culture crap that has developed here in the last fifty years.

The second group is the real problem...criminal immigrants that would be considered a pestilence in any country and any culture. These people are mean, dishonest, greedy, robbing, thieving, drug dealing, scumbags that Mexican Presidente Vincennes Fox is happy to be rid of.

Finally, there is a third category that burns my ass, but there isn’t much that we can do about them until the government gets their collective heads out of their asses and stops the flood influx.

These people are here illegally and they know that there is nothing that the average citizen like me and you can do about it.

THEY’RE LAUGHING AT US, AS THEY TAKE OUR MONEY AND SEND IT BACK HOME TO MEXICO.

These people have no intention of assimilating into our country and our culture, they just want to stay here and start Mexico North.

Or is it North Mexico?

They are just as surely a problem as the outright criminal immigrants are, because they intend to take over the country by gaining citizenship and a vote, even as they subvert our immigration laws.

All I know is that I’m glad that I’m 46 and not 26 or 16 because the America I was born in is rapidly disappearing and the one I die in is likely to be a place I don’t recognize.

Belize...here I come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but wonder what my grandparents would have thought if America had tried to make their coming here a felony. Beyond the serious logistical problem that would have created for them, I think it would have really saddened them and tarnished the image of America. How many of the 11,000,000 would have to truly believe in the American Dream for you to allow them to stay?