Monday, July 30, 2007

Running At A Crawl

Comcast Isn't My Friend Right Now...


We made it back home to our little Island in record time today--about five and one half hours--just in time to let Missy the Turbo Pup run around in the rain to do her "business" and get everything unloaded and put away.

The rain kept coming, and it was a good thing we weren't an hour later on the road or the last segment of the trip from Waycross to home would have been very soggy. Thunderstorms lined up the entire length of US Highway 82.

Once Turbo Pup was settled in we snuck out to dinner at Bubba Garcias Mexican Restaurant, then came back home in time for my date with the sofa for a nap.

When I awoke about 11:30 PM I found that I had no VoIP phone service and no Internet,

Modem power off...reset...stand on my head...try as I might nothing worked.

Then I spent a half hour trying to call Comcast's "24 hour customer service on the back up land phone line and every time I got to the part where I could talk to an actual person in English the stupid phone system cut me off.

I finally dug around on my computer and found an unused three month free subscription to AOL that I hadn't used, so now at least I'm on line although it's at about 40 Kbaud dial up.

The real pisser is that Comcast's Website is set up for use with their cable modem service so all of the screens are HUGE and take forever to load and now I'm having trouble getting through their "chat" troubleshooting process to see if someone can help me without having to schedule a service call for sometime probably in the year 2010.

If comcast doesn't get their rental modem fixed pronto they are guaranteeing Bellsouth our DSL business at the new house.

I guess that you could say that High speed Internet is sorta like women...

Can't live with them...

Can't live without them.

Aaaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


.

1 comment:

James said...

Any reviews on Bubba Garcia's? I'll be in the area next week and it just sounds like the kind of place you can't help but give a shot!