Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm Off To See Be The Wizard-Part II

I'm Looking For My Brain...


Greetings this morning from "the strip" in so-called "beautiful" downtown Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. We drove into town in the middle of a little half day long snow storm that dumped a few inches on the grass and trees and made the countryside not covered in concrete sort of pretty

Man have they ever screwed this place up since I was last here in the early 1970's.

You can hardly see the mountains and countryside for the "Ripleys Museum" and the giant dinner show theaters which line what was once a two lane country road that's now a five lane highway.

I was pretty sure I hadn't lost anything here from reading about the place but Pat's wanted to come up and stay since we moved to this side of Tennessee and I took a chance arriving on a Sunday on our way to the latest chapter in my Forensic injuneering adventures which begin again late tomorrow morning about an hour further east from here.

I'm sure the place is fine if you have a mini van full of kids or you never get out much and like amusement parks and this sort of entertainment, but just like going to the mall Christmas week I'd rather have brain surgery or a case of hemorrhoids than spend my time and money coming somewhere like this on a holiday weekend.

There was literally a five mile long bumper to bumper traffic jam leaving town at noon today (we were going into town--not out)as we arrived.

The place was a ghost town by 3 PM when we wandered out to do some shopping at the outlet mall, then out for dinner and some drinks later in the evening.

I guess I'm just getting old or something, but at least I managed to show Pat what the place entailed and she might be back shopping again, but I'd rather stay home and re-roof the house or clean out the attic myself.

Time now to read some of the four inch thick file on this project and refresh my memory before visiting the scene of the accident.

Y'all have a nice week.

No comments: