Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Good Vibrations Vacation

Internet Hell...


Well, as our stay on the Florida Gulf Coast ends, I'm happy to report having a GREAT business meeting yesterday morning, a good afternoon in the sun, and dang fine food for all three meals during the day.

I put a dent in some oysters and part of the Grouper population while I was here, but from a business/Internet standpoint I'm glad to be getting out of what I call "Internet Hell" for the past couple of days.

The little Inn we're staying in on the beach only has 16 rooms and as far as their network support and Internet connectivity capabilities they only have 16 brain cells as when you ask about connectivity "ISSUES" they just blankly respond...

"we got wireless..."

I managed to pirate my way into someone else's nearby unsecured Linksys network sporadically on Sunday evening and a little Monday morning, and finally tonight I got through again thus the source of this posting.

As a result, I checked over at Cedar Key about the next two night's accommodations and found out the little 1960's vintage waterfront hotel over there also didn't have Internet.

WTF?

I had to cancel that reservation and spend AN EXTRA $100 for two nights in a "Pet Friendly" Bed and Breakfast away from the water in order to find somewhere on that island which had high speed wireless.

This in anticipation knowing that our friends providing Thursday and Friday's free accommodations over on Our Little Island on the Georgia Coast still live in the dark ages without Internet except for dial up on and old desktop computer

AOL

...aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHH

I can't possibly live for four weekdays without decent internet...and Thursday and Friday will be spent with twice daily visits to Starbucks to check E-mail and the news.

So any way...wish us luck as we continue on our journey east across Northwest Florida and I'll try to not bust a blood vessel or go into Internet withdrawal in the mean time.

Regards Y'all

No comments: