Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm Resisting Throwing My Computer In The Lake

Comcast Haunts Me...


Dang it people...

It's really frightening the coincidence of our cable/Internet service interruptions over the past month with my attempts to make wiring modifications to our home data/TV network.

Once again, TODAY, for the SECOND time in the past 30 days, the local cable/Internet signal has been going on and off and on and off and On and Off and ON and OFF all FREAKING morning, while I've been running up and down the stairs trying to resist the urge to commit suicide with a little set of pliers or drive down to the Comcast office and make the headlines on FOX News holding everyone hostage with a roll of electrical tape and a Phillips head screwdriver.

WTF?

It's hard enough having to drill holes through studs and fight squinting my way through wood chips and dangling 45 years of spider webs lurking in the recesses of the sub-flooring, but then the nerds over at Comcast clicking the signal on and off every fifteen minutes makes sanity and progress nearly impossible.

Like I predicted earlier, the proposed two hour long task is well on it's way to taking three or four hours to complete, but complete it I will, dang it...else I'll end up needing some sort of mental analysis and medical treatment for self induced insanity and high blood pressure.

oh...oH...OH...Ah..AH...Ahhhhhhhh....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
clunk...

(the sound of me falling out of my chair)

that will be all...for now...

1 comment:

Ed Drew said...

then you're gonna love this story.

Tuesday morning I got up, no internet, cable working fine. Checked modem and router, rebooted both, no luck. called cable co. they did on line trouble shooting and said, yep, no signal. they'ed send a repair man out Wed between 1 and 5, arrived at 7 pm. checked everything out. no signal. repair man went to cable box outside and removed a filter. Said cable co had made changes Monday night and anyone that had the filter stopped receiving the internet. He actually admitted that. You'd have thought the cable co. would have removed the filters PRIOR to making the change.