Saturday, December 19, 2009

Our Turbo Pup Turns Three Years Old Today

"That's One Darn Fine Dog We Got There..."


It's our little Missy "The Turbo Pup's" Birthday today, and I thought I'd publish a photo montage of all the stuff she's done since she was born in coastal Mississippi back on December 19th, 2006.

Since being from the Gulf coast and having made a trip on Delta airlines to come to our house on our little island on the Georgia coast when she was two months old and weighed TWO POUNDS, she's become quite the experienced world traveler and professional beach/pool dog just like her Dad.

Here she is at about three months and three pounds...the nose and body gets longer as she matures...



A glamor photo in the yard of the condo about a month later...



Hanging out on the pool deck with her Cousin "Olive" down in Orlando that spring:



Impersonating Bugs Bunny...



You need to understand that our little miniature long haired Dachshund has her own luggage, and she knows when we're going out of town and she insists on supervising the preparations to make sure her Valet (that would be me) doesn't forget anything (including the puppy.) When we start packing and moving stuff around she can't sit still and will try to get into the car every time we open the doors to load something up. Here she is trying to hide and blend in the stuff as I load the trunk...



In addition to clothes and luggage, she also has her own furniture.

Here she is testing out her new beach chair on St. Simons when she was about 9 months old...(we had to get her that chair so we had a place to sit on the beach because she will take all of the towels and chairs if you don't make a dedicated place for her to sit.)





Swimming with a friend in Grandma's pool down in Alabama a few summers ago...



Wrestling with her dad sporting her Georgia Tech collar...



St. Simons this past spring without her chair (on my towel)



And earlier on that same trip hanging out on the beach and on a restaurant deck with her Dad on Cedar Key, Florida...






Last Christmas sitting under the Christmas Tree looking for more presents and puppy snacks in Kansas City



Hosting another friend and leading the inaugural ceremonies of the new and improved back yard Turbo Pup Pool and Recreational Complex (TPPRC for short) last summer here in Eastern Tennessee on the banks of the Mighty Tennessee River...


As I've written several times before, I've spent most of my life living with cats beginning before the age 12 and ending with the passing of two wonderful fellows--Patches and Hoover back in the late 1990's.

With their loss due to old age I swore I would never have another pet, but today I can honestly tell you that I wouldn't know what to do without our little Missy 'The Turbo Pup" who never ceases to amaze me with her intelligence and her ability to use every ounce of her little 11 pound body and spirit to help keep me sane and grounded as I wrestle with life in my later middle age.

As my subtitle said..."that's one darn fine dog we got there..."

In closing, Missy would like to say thanks to everyone for taking the time to look at her pictures and for all your well wishes on this special day, and if you didn't like looking her photos, all she has to say is...






GO WRITE YOUR OWN BLOG and leave my Dad alone...

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

She's such a cutie!
Happy Birthday Missy!