Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Beach Chair Sled In Process

Up-Coming Weather Conditions Require new Equipment And Technology


Regular readers know that recently I've spent some time drawing cartoons, making calculations, and stacking up blocks of wood and left over metal and fabric parts from an old beach chair for the past couple of weeks now trying to get some sort of conveyance put together in anticipation of the next bout of winter weather.

I was until last night starting to get all excited and wanting to get into a hurry, but unfortunately for the school kids and the grown kids like me they've reduced our snowfall accumulation estimates for this coming storm down to around 1 inch this morning.

That doesn't matter to me however...and as usual things could change by 9 AM or sometime after lunch time.

Any way, after laying around here being useless for a couple of days thinking about people and things I shouldn't be thinking about, I'm now resolute in forcing myself up vertical, getting off of my butt and going down into the basement and bolting together what I call my ultimate adult sled...

The patented and trademarked "Rogers Crazy Turbosonic Suicide Sliding Machine."

That would be the "RCTSSM" for short--helping those of you taking notes and wanting to write about my demise after the obituary is published.

Speaking of obituaries, I just learned that a good friend and drinking buddy of mine, St. Simons Barrister Tom Swift (no relation to the storybook character), passed away this week after fighting diabetes and more recently pancreatic cancer.

Tom left behind a wife and two daughters and an Island full of people who, along with the passing of his 90 plus year old father last year, will miss the gentle character and intellectual whit of two gentlemen who were singular institutions on our little coastal Georgia island.

RIP Mr. Swift, and say hello to your father for me...

No comments: